Alaska Trophy Adventures Lodge is looking to hire qualified and motivated individuals as Camp Staff for their 2018 season.
The lodge consists of 160 acres of private property on the Wild and scenic Alagnak river in Bristol Bay, Southwest Alaska. The river is well known for its record runs of all 5 species of pacific salmon but also is home to resident fish such as rainbow trout, lake trout, arctic grayling, arctic char and dolly varden.
Camp Staff (Hospitality and Camp Help)
Because we are a small resort, our camp and hospitality staff share all necessary duties. These positions encompass serving, dining room clean up, washing dishes, cleaning guest rooms and laundry. Staff collectively team up especially at before Breakfast and Dinner for these meal services including, serving, clean up and assisting in the dish washing. During the mornings after the anglers have flown out, the hospitality staff complete individual jobs of housekeeping, laundry and cleaning.
Other responsibilities may include loading and unloading aircraft, cleaning and vacuum packing fish, cutting firewood, painting, cutting grass, hauling luggage, bagging and disposal of garbage, and helping guides with their boats (fueling, cleaning, etc). Applicants must be physically fit and capable of occasional heavy lifting and physical work.
All Employees are expected to be able to fulfill, adhere to and and uphold the following:
- Excellent risk management capability in remote settings
- Engage and respond to guests in a positive, friendly and supportive manner,
including meeting their expressed and unexpressed needs
- Provide meaningful interaction with our guests
- Take care of Alaska trophy Adventures Lodge equipment and facilities
- Professionally represent Alaska Trophy Adventures Lodge and its Mission, Vision and Values
- Act as a good steward of the natural world and follow Leave No Trace practices
- Participate in upkeep and maintenance of lodge and property when and if needed
- A positive, supportive team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Physically fit, able to work long hours in the field
- Experienced in guest services or group leadership preferred
Alaska Trophy Adventures Lodge Situated on the remote banks of the Wild and Scenic Alagnak River; Alaska Trophy Adventures Lodge is the perfect wilderness fishing retreat. Our lodge consists of 160 acres prime river frontage, located in the most iconic section of the Alagnak known as the Upper Braids. We are only accessible via bush plane, landing on a private airstrip on the property. You will spend an unforgettable time surrounded by wild, untouched nature, while enjoying all the comforts our lodge has to offer. Our welcoming wooden cabins are equipped with comfortable beds, running water, heating and power, so you can relax after an incredible day of fishing on the river. If you choose to stay connected to the “outside world”, we have Wi-Fi internet connection and a satellite phone. But we encourage you to leave your cell phones and laptops at home and enjoy our stunning scenery, abundant wildlife and experience a type of world class fishing that has always filled your dreams… Live your dreams at ATAL … A True Alaska Lodge.
Contact us with your resume with photo & introduce yourself!