Fly Shop Assistant Manager (full time, seasonal, hourly)
RIGS is looking for a strong applicant that has a passion and progressive understanding of the fly fishing industry (retail sales and guide services). This person will possess a superb attention to detail, with the ability to follow through on tasks, both as they arise and longer term. Manage multiple tasks collaboratively, with the ability to recognize when working independently is essential. Ideal candidate would be available to start by April 15, 2018.
The Fly Shop Assistant Manager assists with the retail performance of the business and helps with all facets of the RIGS Fly Shop Operation in collaboration with the Fly Shop Manager, staff, and the owners. The Assistant Manager must exude a positive, friendly and confident demeanor, and is detail orientated in his/her approach to fly shop administrative needs. Their focus will be sales within the fly shop and assisting the manger with online sales
Under the guidance of the Fly Shop Manager and the owners, assist with all retail aspects of the RIGS business including but not limited to:
• Retail Management & Point of Sales System – Assist with the purchase order process, Online Store and PreSeason Orders.
• Reservation System & Guided Activities – obtain an extensive understanding of our Reservation System and the trip inventories within it to successfully process quotes and reservations for all guided activities.
• Fly Shop Sales and Client Relations – Maximize guest experience and fly shop efficiencies via sales of merchandise, trips and educating the public on what RIGS and the region have to offer. Educated on environmental issues, industry innovations and trends.
SKILL & COMPETENCY:
• Strong Written & Verbal Communications – Ability to articulate in the written and spoken word (spelling/sentence structure, professional presentation of self) and communicate in a timely manner. Ability to quickly and effectively document and communicate internally, all identifiable situations that may effect the outcome of our product/guest experience.
• Computer & Technology – Proficiency/Comprehension/Retention. Strong working knowledge of windows based programs and progressive understanding of internet systems and cloud based storage.
• Industry Knowledge – Background in the fly fishing industry as well as a knowledge/basic understanding of rafting equipment and safety.
• Retail Sales Experience – Prior work experience within the fly shop and guide service industry ideal. Strong customer service in both areas, as well as industry product knowledge. Consistently present fly shop and business in a highly professional, clean/orderly/inviting manner.
• Organization, Documentation & Timely Completion of Objectives – Detailed oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to take direction and stay on task during the busy season.
• Seasonal Position – April 15 through October 15. Flexibility during the peak season to address the need for longer hours than full time if needed.
PAY: Starting pay will be based on relevant work experience and industry knowledge.
Please submit both a resume and cover letter . If you have not received a response email within three days of sending please call to ensure we have received your resume. All applicants will be reviewed by RIGS Fly Shop & Guide Service owners immediately and interviews will take place on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com