Experienced Whitewater Float Fishing Guides
RIGS Fly Shop & Guide Service is seeking experienced professional float fishing guides for the 2018 season. Known as one of the top wilderness float fishing sections in North America, the Gunnison Gorge’s remote backcountry setting and technical whitewater demand a high level of competency in multidisciplinary fields, including: professional whitewater guide, professional fly fishing guide, backcountry wilderness overnight guide, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Client Assessment & Risk Management – identifying client needs, wants, physical condition and limitations. Ensuring a high level of safety, comfort and professionalism. From fly fishing, rafting, camp and meals – you will need to have a heightened awareness of your clients needs and how to fulfill them.
• Understanding your environment (Fly Fishing and Rafting)
• River rescue and emergency response/protocol
• Proper care and use of all overnight, rafting and fishing equipment.
• High level of fly fishing skills – consistently able to get clients of all ability levels into fish Qualifications:
Candidates must have:
• Pre-existing Trip Leader (TL) or Guide Instructor (GI) experience in the State of Colorado
• Certified in Swiftwater Rescue Training (SRT)
• Prior experience guiding commercially on Class III – IV whitewater
• Float fishing abilities on challenging technical waters in inflatable rafts is a mandatory skill
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com