North Park Anglers is a premier fly shop and guide service located in Walden, Colorado at the headwaters of the famed North Platte River. We are owned by a large working cattle ranch that also features a world class Fly Fishing and Big Game Hunting Lodge. At the fly shop we operate a traditional fly fishing store, guide service, and private fishing club. Every year we host visitors from all over the US and the world to experience our extremely diverse fly fishing operation.
We’re looking for a strong applicant that has an outgoing personality with a passion and progressive understanding of the fly fishing industry (retail sales and guided services). This applicant must be well versed in the industry with a willingness to do what it takes to operate at a very high level.
Responsibilities include, under the guidance of the Fly Shop Manager and General Manager, assist with all aspects of the North Park Anglers businesses (Fly Shop, Guide Service, Fishing Club, Fishing Lodge) including but not limited to:
- Retail Management & Point of Sales System –In store and Online Platform
- Oversee store merchandising, and constantly managing inventory levels. •Reservation System & Guided Activities – obtain a solid understanding of our Reservation System and the trip offerings within it to successfully process quotes and reservations for all guided activities.
- Fishing Club- obtain a solid understanding of the club operation and gain the ability to communicate with current and potential club members.
- Fishing Lodge-Obtain a solid understanding of our fishing lodge and how it operates throughout the season.
- Fly Shop Sales and Client Relations – Maximize guest experience – increase fly shop sales of merchandise, trips and educating the public on what NPA and the community have to offer. Educated on our region and beyond, industry innovations, and trends.
- Help lead special events, educational classes, and community outreach. Qualifications:
- Strong Written & Verbal Communications
- Computer & Technology -Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, POS systems, and reservation management systems.
- Social Media- Strong understanding and ability to execute Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, You Tube, Google, etc…
- Industry Knowledge – Background in the fly fishing industry (retail and service). •
- Retail Sales Experience – Prior work experience within the fly shop and guide service. Strong customer service in both areas, as well as industry product knowledge.
- Organization – Detailed oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to take direction as well as work independently and stay on task during the busy season.
- Full Time/Seasonal Position – April 15 through October 15. Flexibility during the peak season to address the need for longer hours than full time if needed. Starting pay will be based on relevant work experience and industry knowledge.
Additional Information: This is not a guide position. This position assists in the management of North Park Anglers Operations in collaboration with the Fly Shop Manager, General Manager, and the staff. The Assistant Manager must exude a positive, friendly, and confident demeanor, and be detail orientated in his/her approach to fly shop administrative needs. Their focus will be sales within the fly shop (in-store, online, and trips), as well as assisting with booking trips, managing club member needs, and day to day fly shop operations.
Please submit a cover letter and resume if you would like to be considered for a position. to firstname.lastname@example.org