We are looking for one talented individual to help lead our team. Our ideal candidate would be responsible for day-to-day management of our retail store, employees, ordering, merchandising and all other functions. They will also be responsible for e commerce selling as well as blog, fishing reports and social media platform updates. The person will participate in big picture direction with the writing of a strategic plan and be responsible for the follow through and implementation. A self-starter and creative thinker who can work on own and lead others. A strong passion for fly-fishing and willingness to live and work in Montana.
The ideal candidate would have retail experience in a fast paced environment in the outdoor industry, fly-fishing preferred. An excellent communicator who has proficiency in verbal and written communication. A self-starter who at times can work on own. Management skills. A creative thinker and problem solver who can assist in developing big picture policy and have the follow through to implement. A driving passion to excel. A highly developed passion for fly-fishing, Montana and a willingness to live and work in a beautiful environment. Mentally tough with the ability to work long hours with little time off during the busy season.
In season Duties:
• Managing the day-to-day operations of a fast paced fly shop.
• Managing the store employees and scheduling.
• Oversee and direct merchandising, cleaning and stocking to make sure the store is always presentation ready.
• Manage the POS system including inventory PO’s, Deliveries, input into POS and outgoing sales.
• Assist in updating daily fishing report, social media platforms, and blogs.
• Assist in scheduling guides as well as managing permit responsibilities.
• Help teach fly fishing 101 classes at store.
• Participate in advertising decisions.
• Work regular shifts on store floor and actively participate with customers.
Off Season Duties
• Assist with ordering, preseasons, new products, scheduling of orders.
• Update e commerce site with products.
• Drive e commerce winter sales on our site and other platforms.
• Assist with updates to blog, newsletter and social media platforms.
• Assist with hiring, training and scheduling of summer staff.
• Assist with all marketing efforts including seeking out and developing creative marketing solutions.
• Develop policy and procedure for shop functions, employees and processes.
• Help develop big picture strategic business direction, planning and follow through.
• One or more years in a fast paced retail environment in the outdoor world.
• Management of retail preferred
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Computer competency in online sales over different platforms.
• Competency with Microsoft office suite.
• A strong passion for fly-fishing, Montana and the outdoor lifestyle.
• Desire to live and work in one of the most beautiful places on earth and share that passion with others.
• The ability to work long hours with little time off during the busy season, knowing that in the off season there is more availability for time away from the business.
Competitive compensation is dependent of experience. Also the possibility of housing may be included.
Submit Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org