Seasonal Executive Chef:
Clearwater Lodge is renown for providing guests a gourmet dining experience. Our chef is given complete latitude in determining menus and ingredients used. New meals daily allow for your creativity to soar and your star to shine.
- April 21 through November 3, 2020
- Work schedule includes weekends/holidays, morning and evening shifts
- Salary based on education, training, and experience with a minimum of $4,500 per month plus gratuities
- Housing available onsite
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare high-quality breakfast, on the river sack lunch (occasional in-house group lunches), and one family-style dinner for up to 28 guests. Baked goods and pastries daily.
- Ensures that meal plans are not repeated during a guest stay or that menu items are not repeated from meal to meal, that menus use seasonally available foods and are noteworthy each day.
- Adheres to reasonable food costs, efficient use, and waste reduction within reason.
- Ensures quality food preparation, portion control, and appealing and appetizing plating, garnishing, and presentation of all meals and desserts.
- Coordinates all inventory control and stocking of the kitchen; includes organization, cleaning, creating menus to use food items efficiently.
- Proper use, care, and maintenance of kitchen equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, ovens, stoves, grills, dishwasher, knives, cookware, bake-ware, mixers, food processors, blenders, butane torches, toasters, utensils.
- Ensures Food and Serve Safe management practices are enforced in all aspects of kitchen activities such as food preparation, cleaning practices, kitchen stocking and organization, and proper food storage of dry, fresh and frozen foods before and after preparation.
- Ensures management is kept informed of any special requirements, guest issues, staff issues, equipment issues, delivery issues, etc.
- Ensure that all human hygiene requirements are diligently followed.
- Provides instructions and direction to kitchen staff: servers and dishwashers.
- Customer Service/Hospitality: Ability to provide the highest standard of customer service and hospitality to lodge guests in the form of special food preparation for dietary restrictions, food allergies or preferences.
- Creativity and Quality Assurance: Ability to prepare interesting and appealing meals for guests using various ingredients and innovative recipes, maintaining high quality and standards. Food is prepared properly and in accordance with State safety standards; plating and presentation are attractive and appetizing.
- Dexterity: Ability to walk, stand for long periods reach above and below, work at a fast pace; proper knife techniques for cutting, chopping, and dicing.
- Time Management Skills: Efficiently and effectively plan and manage time; multitask when necessary; take the initiative to act when needed; constructively supervise serving and dishwashing staff in utilizing their time effectively.
- Reliable: Must be reliable in attendance and in the performance of job duties. The position is offered April 21 through November 3 with a 5-day workweek Tuesday dinner through Sunday breakfast, and the Chef is expected to be in strict adherence and performance as scheduled.
- Job Performance Under Pressure: Must be able to accommodate changes in the menu, guest count, equipment failure, staff issues, guest requests, etc. with the highest level of customer service, maturity, respect, and nimbleness.
- Appearance and Dress Code: Chef must keep a clean, groomed, and neat appearance and dress accordingly while working in the kitchen.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and professional publications, technical procedures, manuals, or statutory regulations.
- Ability to write menus, business correspondence, and standard instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, management, staff, and suppliers.
- Must be able to access and have a good working knowledge of various computer applications and programs such as email, Google, foodservice ordering programs, Excel, Word.
Education, Experience, Certifications:
- Degree in Culinary Arts; or, five or more years of professional culinary experience in the art of preparation, cooking, and presentation of food in the form of meals.
- Extensive food and wine knowledge and creativity
- Kitchen lead experience
- Knowledge of inventory levels, purchasing, ordering, receiving, food costing and inventory procedures
- ServSafe Food Protection Certification
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com