Careers At Simms
Simms Fishing Products is a leader in the fishing industry – driven to create growth and vitality in the community. We build trustworthy and angler-driven products. Our employees communicate openly, keep their commitments and inspire trust. We build for the long haul with products that last and a brand that endures. Our employees are our most important catch.
To be a great fit at Simms, you must embrace the fishing culture and follow our practice to work like we fish – with purpose, passion & curiosity. Be prepared to share your latest fishing adventures.
Customer Care Representative
In this role, successful candidates will work with all types of Simms customers, ranging from Guides to consumers and dealers, handling all inbound order processing, product recommendation and post-sale activities, such as product returns and warranty needs.
Outcomes of this role include:
- Efficiently handles order fulfillment through all three channels in a timely manner with the highest level of accuracy
- Able to provide expert-level product knowledge to a variety of anglers, regardless of experience levels, and sell them into the right product based on their personal needs and goals and recommend appropriate care and maintenance
- Effectively balances a variable workload, shifting when necessary to meet the demands of the department and company
- Maintains a high level of professionalism while on the phone or communicating via email
- Diligently utilizes and understands Simms’ inventory management system, contact center and ticketing management system as well as individual channel ordering sites and associated features
- Looks for opportunities to improve overall customer experience by identifying and contributing to process improvements
Successful candidates should possess:
- Strong customer service experience, preferably in the outdoor industry via retail or in-house sales/service
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to problem solve and actively listen with a focus on win-win solutions
- Capacity to task switch quickly and efficiently, balancing a large inbound phone/email workload
- Technical aptitude with inventory management systems, Excel and other programs used to track, manage and process orders, product returns and inventory assessment
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the full product line, fabric technologies and expertly explain and recommend Simms products to a variety of anglers and experience levels
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.