Primary Purpose of Position
Create a high-level experience for our guest by providing a fun, safe, clean and educational environment; as an Activities Guide you are responsible for leading and guiding guest on their daily activities. The activities department consists of the following guide roles: hiking, mountain biking, gun ranges, horseback, archery, fly fishing, paintball and kids program. All activities team members are expected to have some experience in these disciplines, personable and customer services oriented.
Fly Fishing Guide
Fly fishing guides are responsible primarily for the setup and execution of walk and wade fly fishing trips on Rock Creek. Guides may also be responsible for leading float trips on Rock Creek and surrounding rivers in MT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a safe environment for guests and coworkers.
- Ability to teach guest and employees proper activity techniques.
- Help coworkers in activities and throughout The Ranch with day-to-day tasks and goals.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the SOP for each activity, as well as daily and weekly schedules.
- Respect and follow guest assignments and notes for that day’s activities, paying particular attention to special guest requests and occasions.
- Be ambitious in getting work done before being asked.
- Be organised and keep equipment and areas clean.
- Check guest sign-ups for activities on the Concierge Assistant system.
- Maintain special projects and goals for the activities department when guided activities are not assigned. (i.e. building new trails)
- Provide a warm welcome to guests visiting the Rod & Gun.
- Provide a FULL safety explanation to guests before departing on an activity.
- Assist with boots, bike, or wader fittings.
- Provide unparalleled, professional instruction in their areas of specialty to make guests’ experiences unforgettable.
- Complete closing duties before leaving, including organizing the Rod & Gun, providing a fond farewell to guests departing the Rod & Gun, cleaning all equipment and locking hazardous materials, refreshing waters and first aid materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred not required.
- Previous work in similar capacity and environment.
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, ad move continuously for the duration of shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, nights.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Valid, current Driver’s License.