Assistant Supervisor – Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Control
For over 100 years Cortland Line has been designing and manufacturing the world’s most innovative fly line and braided fishing line. Located in Cortland, NY – all of our lines are made in the USA. All of our lines share the latest in line technology – many technologies that Cortland itself pioneered for the industry.
We are looking for an Assistant Shipping Supervisor to support the Shipping Supervisor in performing all daily operations of shipping, receiving and inventory control.
1. Day to day functions of shipping and receiving department.
2. Confirming receipts of goods match Purchase Orders.
3. Receiving all confirmed goods in Quickbooks.
4. Daily monitoring of open order report.
5. Understanding of FedEx and UPS machines. Able to arrange shipment of customer orders.
6. Follow-up with respective departments concerning lead times of backordered product. Communication to customer service when backordered products will ship.
7. Weekly spot checks of inventory.
8. Work with AP to resolve inventory transaction and cycle counts.
9. Communicate with AR variances of receipts and invoices.
10. Resolve with AR questions concerning customer shipping and/or invoicing.
11. Investigate and offer suggestions concerning continuous improvement in logistics processes & procedures as well as inventory management.
Desired Skill Set:
Pay attention to detail
Good Communication skills
Understanding of Shipping/Receiving practices
Proficiency in Excel and Outlook
Working knowledge of Quickbooks
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25,000.00 to $28,000.00 /year
- One location
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Please forward resumes and information to Careers@Cortlandline.com