Careers At Simms
Simms Fishing Products is a leader in the fishing industry – driven to create growth and vitality in the community. We build trustworthy and angler-driven products. Our employees communicate openly, keep their commitments and inspire trust. We build for the long haul with products that last and a brand that endures. Our employees are our most important catch.
To be a great fit at Simms, you must embrace the fishing culture and follow our practice to work like we fish – with purpose, passion & curiosity. Be prepared to share your latest fishing adventures.
Warranty & Repair Associate
A Repair Associate Level I will work as part of the quality team to perform a variety of assessments and repairs on customer returned products. This is an entry-level position and will work under direct supervision.
- Repair waders and garments utilizing approved methods and materials including but not limited to cleaning, laminating, heat-pressing, taping, sewing, gluing, and replacing missing items.
- Water test for wader leaks
- Maintain high level of communication with supervisor and Customer Service team regarding warranty and repair tickets.
- Assist in quality inspections and packaging of finished product and raw materials using parameters and samples approved by Simms.
- Assist in other functions as needed. The successful employee should possess:
- a team player that follows the above referenced procedures,
- but is also willing to take further direction from the Warranty & Repairs Manager.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time and move and lift materials.
- Position requires limited exposure to odorous substances and solvents (i.e. methyl-ethyl ketone).
- Requires patience, detail orientation, and focus on quality.
- Prior manufacturing experience is helpful.
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.