RIGS Fly Shop & Guide Service is seeking experienced professional float fishing guides for the 2020 season.
Known as one of the top wilderness float fishing sections in North America, the Gunnison Gorge’s remote backcountry setting and technical whitewater demand a high level of competency in multidisciplinary fields, including professional whitewater guide, professional fly fishing guide, backcountry wilderness overnight guide, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Client Assessment & Risk Management – identifying client needs, wants, physical condition and limitations. Ensuring a high level of safety, comfort, and professionalism. From fly fishing, rafting, camp, and meals – you will need to have a heightened awareness of your client’s needs and how to fulfill them.
- Understanding your environment (Fly Fishing and Rafting)
- River rescue and emergency response/protocol
- Proper care and use of all overnight, rafting and fishing equipment.
- High level of fly fishing skills – consistently able to get clients of all ability levels into fish
Qualifications and Skills
Candidates must have:
- Pre-existing Trip Leader (TL) or Guide Instructor (GI) experience in the State of Colorado
- Certified in Swiftwater Rescue Training (SRT)
- Prior experience guiding commercially on Class III – IV whitewater
- Float fishing abilities on challenging technical waters in inflatable rafts is a mandatory skill
- Excellent pay for experienced guides
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $200.00 to $400.00 /day
- guiding: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- How many years of Fly Fishing experience do you have?
How many years of Guiding experience do you have?
How many years of Rafting experience do you have?
It is not required to live in Ridgway. If you are within the region and willing to travel. Are you able to travel to meet trip requirements?
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- One location
- 4 – 6 months