We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable fly fishing instructors looking to share their knowledge and passion for fly fishing with our guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, however, other duties may be assigned
- Provides a world class and memorable fishing experience for The Broadmoor’s guests
- Has an interest and passion for fly fishing and enjoys conversations about it
- Has an ability to teach and guide fly fishing for guests of any age or experience level
- Friendly, patient and professional with all Broadmoor guests
- Helps coordinate transportation of guests, as needed
- Is knowledgeable of all Broadmoor Base Camp product lines and the function of the fly fishing equipment
- Great knowledge of local fisheries
- Makes sure all vehicles and equipment are cleaned and ready for the next guest after each use
- Works closely with the Base Camp Manager and sales associates to ensure that the guest experience is seamless
- Has knowledge of all wilderness experiences including The Broadmoor Fishing Camp, The Ranch at Emerald Valley, Cloud Camp, Fish House, etc.
- Assist the Base Camp manager with any with any duties assigned, as needed
- Knows The Broadmoor’s emergency procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Outdoor recreation knowledge preferred.
CPR/First Aid Certified
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Colorado Fishing License required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.