What’s awesome about this job?
The Sales Associate contributes to Backwoods success by bringing their upbeat attitude and product knowledge to meet (and exceed) company sales goals. The Sales Associate positively represents Backwoods and the Company’s commitment to excellent, quality customer service. The Sales Associate has a passion for the outdoors and brings this passion to work each day.
Bring your excitement and expertise to Backwoods by:
- Providing high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent customer service
- Maintaining outstanding store conditions and visual marketing standards
- Assisting the General Manager in developing community relations through customer interaction, events participation, clinic and seminar attendance and other creative means
- Assisting the General Manager with promotion of Backwoods through creative social media marketing
- Proposing innovative ideas to increase market share, reduce costs and enhance the customer shopping experience
- Working with co-workers to be an effective teammate
- Maintaining inventory and display integrity by monitoring item quantities, accurately shipping and receiving freight, stocking and merchandising and managing backstock
Successful Retail Sales Associates have this in common:
- Prior sales experience
- Knowledge of outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, backpacking, climbing, fly fishing, and travel
- Product knowledge for outdoor activities and willingness to learn about new products
- Innovative ideas to increase market share, reduce costs and enhance the customer shopping experience
- Inventory management and loss prevention experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and operational skills and pays attention to details
- Schedule flexibility: ability to work some weekends, nights and holidays as well as days
- Has ability to multitask
Here’s what’s great about working at Backwoods:
Our vision hasn’t changed since we opened our doors in 1973. Our mission is to Inspire, Teach and Equip people to LEAD active, adventurous lives. We value our customers and have always strived to provide the best customer service in the industry. We value innovation, technology and personal relationships. We believe in having fun, taking ownership of our well-being, customer expectations, putting social responsibility into action, and integrity. If you believe in these things, too, we welcome you to apply to our Team.