PINE LAKE TROUT CLUB
Pine Lake Trout Club a private fly- fishing membership fishing club that also features onsite-catering services to the public. We are situated on 86 acres of wooded landscape complimented by fishing streams. It is located in Chagrin Falls OH just 14 Miles outside of Cleveland OH.
The Sales Manager is responsible for the development and fostering of business through pro-active selling, marketing, telemarketing of catering and direct sales of the property services and amenities. This specific position is designed to maintain relations with current accounts while finding new business within Banquets & Catering, as well as driving the rental of 6 cabins and memberships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for drafting proposals, menu planning, agenda setting and arranging meeting services.
· Duties include negotiating food and beverage minimums as outlined within property guidelines, preparation of contracts and facilitating communication before, during and post event with pertinent hotel staff to ensure a high level of service.
· Negotiate and prepare contracts.
· Interact with clients to determine needs and communicate accordingly to ensure successful follow-through. Respond to telephone and walk-in inquiries of potential guests.
· Prepare proposals and price estimates for prospective client events.
· Prepare and finalize Banquet Event Orders.
· Develop catering sales action plan and strategy in order to meet or exceed catering food and beverage revenue goal as well as corresponding room night goal.
· Participate in local trade shows and monthly networking events in order to generate lead referrals and partnership relationships with vendors.
· Work in conjunction with other departments and the Executive Chef to ensure event success
· Coordinate, direct and oversee events as required based on the needs of the property.
· Attend trade shows
· Contribute to preparation of the monthly catering and cabin forecast.
· Thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of food and beverage items.
· Ability to read, write and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
· Ability to create special themes and menus.
· Must be able to understand principles related to the product you are selling.
· Use mathematical skill to interpret financial information and compute costs for customers.
· Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing.
· Ability to work under time pressures and extended hours.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
Inside with protection from weather but not necessarily changes in temperature.
Physical activities include walking, talking, hearing, seeing, touching, feeling, and lifting. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree. Lifting 20lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma and college degree preferred.
Must have a minimum of one-year prior food and beverage experience. Catering or sales experience preferred in similar environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 4 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 25% (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ops Manager
Typical start time:
Typical end time: