Katmailand, LLC is seeking a Sport Fishing Guide for Brooks Lodge for the upcoming 2020 tourism season. Brooks Lodge operates under a Concessions Contract with the National Park Service and is the busiest of the three lodges. Lodging capacity at Brooks is for 64 guests. In addition, there is a campground for 60 people nearby and Brooks is also a popular fly in destination for day trips that include fishing and bear viewing.
Approximate Season Dates: May 10th – September 25th
Deadline to apply: Friday, February 28, 2020
Must be versed in all phases of freshwater fishing including fly-fishing, casting, trolling, and spin fishing.
- Must have limited OUPV license for freshwaters and rivers of Wester Alaska or other USCG License
- Extensive boat handling skills and basic maintenance experience required
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs
- Must be able to work six days per week within the operating season
Skills & Proficiencies
- Strong communications skills
- Positive customer service-oriented attitude