USCG Licensed Guide for the 2020 season:
This is a position is for an experienced fly fishing guide with at least one season of guiding in Alaska. Extensive fishing experience required.
– Must be versed in all phases of freshwater fishing including fly-fishing, casting, trolling, fly-tying and spin fishing.
– Extensive jet boat handling skills and basic maintenance experience also required.
– Must have a Limited OUPV Guide License for the Freshwaters and Rivers of Western Alaska or other USCG License.
– Excellent customer service and people skills
– Excellent table manners
– Must take pride in the cleanliness of your boat and how you present yourself
– Must be willing to help out around the lodge as assigned
– Other duties as assigned
– Ability to lift and carry 50 + lbs.
– Loyalty to the lodge operation while employed by AGCL
If you have guided in Alaska at least one season, you know the drill. Salary + room and board included
Lodge Support/ Assistant Guide:
Do you want to pursue a career as a fly fishing guide? Ready to get your foot in the door? Do you have a passion for fly fishing? Do you consider yourself and expert fly fishermen? Do you have an unbelievable work ethic? Are you the ultimate people person? Let’s get you on the path to a career as a professional fishing guide in Alaska! Pay based on experience, Food and housing are included in pay.
This position has a wide range of demanding duties. A good candidate will have a strong work ethic and a great attitude. Guiding will be a small portion of your duties. Great customer service and people skills are important. You must have a desire to work in an outdoor environment in challenging weather conditions. A few skills that we look for are:
– Good Driving record
– Great people skills
– First aid Certified
– Interested in and knowledgeable about our area history, geology, birds, and wildlife can be a plus.
– Good manners
– Ability to talk intelligently with guests about a wide range of subjects
– Photography skills and knowledge are a plus but not required
– Fly fishing skills and knowledge of other styles of fishing required
– Willingness to do any job that the lodge requires with out complaining. This one is very important!
* We do not allow employees to bring their dog or personal pets. It’s a huge liability for us, and creates more work for the entire staff. Thank you for understanding.
Our season runs from June 1- October 5. All availabilities will be considered. We have other hospitality positions available, so couples, friends, family members are encouraged to apply together.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org