Introduction to The Tackle Shop:
The Tackle Shop, located along the Madison River in Ennis, Montana was established in 1937 and is the oldest continually operating fly shop in Montana. We are a full line Orvis dealer among other major fishing brands, as well as the 2017 Orvis Endorsed Outfitter of the Year. We operate an outfitting business out of the store, focusing on the waters of the Madison River, Yellowstone National Park, the Blackfoot, Bitterroot, Missouri, Clark Fork, Jefferson, Big Hole, and Beaverhead Rivers. We operate an online store as well as a website for advertising purposes, including blogs, fishing reports, and links to our social media platforms. During our offseason, we host trips to Belize and beyond, constantly growing our reach and influence. Here at The Tackle Shop, we are the Madison River experts.
We are looking for a talented, creative, and friendly individual to work with our already great team in our retail fly shop. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, critical-thinker, and passionate fly fisher. Our fast-paced environment requires a patient customer service-oriented individual who will respond positively to any situation thrown their way. The desire to work in a beautiful setting and along one of the greatest trout rivers in the world is a must! Housing will be available to the right candidate.
Ideal candidates should be able to/provide:
· Work regular shifts in the fly shop during the week and on weekends.
· Help customers with their fly fishing needs and provide the best customer service.
· Strong working knowledge of fly fishing gear, techniques, and tactics.
· Computer literacy.
· Ability to assist in fly fishing/fly casting instruction.
· Positive attitude and great customer service skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment at a destination fly shop.
· A team player that is not afraid to motivate others and is not afraid of hard work.
· This is not a guide job, and this individual will not be expected to guide.
· Availability to work starting June 2020 through October 2020.
· Previous industry experience is a plus, but not required to be part of our team!
If you want to spend your summer and early fall working in a spectacular setting and fishing one of the best fly fishing rivers in the world, please apply! This is a wonderful job opportunity with a group of great folks and competitive wage for all!
Please email a short cover letter and your resume to email@example.com
Direct all inquiries to the same email.