Rawah Guest Ranch in Glendevey, CO is looking for a dedicated, hardworking, and responsible Fly-Fishing Guide to join our staff for the 2020 ranch season which runs May 16, 2020 through October 5th, 2020. Fly fishing guides will be on a 1099 contract.
Rawah Guest Ranch will provide: Rods, Reels and Waders. Guides will be responsible for terminal gear and flies.
Applicants must be available for the duration of the season, with flexibility for minor travel if already scheduled and coordinated in advance with management and team members (weddings, etc.).
Fly-Fishing Guides will work together to teach and assist guests with an enjoyable Fly-Fishing experience. He/she will also be responsible for helping the rest of them team with the upkeep of equipment and keeping the fishing shed clean.
- Guide guests twice a day out on the river. May be taking guests for all-day fly-fishing trips as well to various lakes and rivers in northern CO and WY.
- Be able to confidently talk about fly fishing, hatches and equipment needed.
- Must be able to demonstrate proper handling of fish. Proper catch and release techniques (fish handling and conservation).
- Knowledge in fly tying.
- Wash gear such as waders and boots after each outing
- Keep flies stocked and equipment in working order
- Experience Fly-Fishing and references that can recommend you for the role
- Ability to pass a background check
- Stand/walk for long periods of time without breaks, bend, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. or more with ease
- Fluency in English
- HS Diploma or equivalent
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualities:
- Possesses a hardworking and self-driven work ethic
- Understands and prioritizes work-related responsibilities before and above personal recreation/free time
- Follows instructions and works cooperatively with management and coworkers
- Able to independently identify and complete additional tasks that have not been assigned by management in order to support the entire staff
- Ability to relate well with children, adults and teammates in a professional and service-oriented manner
- Positive attitude with ability to demonstrate flexibility and adjust to shifting responsibilities as unexpected tasks arise (and they will!)
- Willingness to work beyond specified hours during busiest weeks of the year and/or as other team members need coverage for personal travel/emergencies
Thank you for your interest in joining the 2020 Rawah Guest Ranch staff. We really think there is no better place to work. If we believe you are a good fit for the team, we will contact you with further interest.
Tim & Meg Dyer
Submit resumes to: email@example.com