Fly Fishing Retail Sales Associate
- 477181 US-95, Ponderay, ID 83852, USA
Value is hard to find – but not when you look in the right places. The right place is here. Being a part of the North 40 life means being a part of something valuable. The North 40 Life is more than a mantra or a philosophy- it’s a lifestyle, it’s also a community, one that wants to help enrich your life by offering you genuine content and authentic products that add to your story and make your work and play meaningful. All the things you need, with nothing you don’t – the North 40 Life is what you make it.
Do you live to fish? Are you a Fly Fisherman who wants to turn a deep passion into a career? North 40 Fly Shop in Ponderay, ID has an opening for an upbeat and knowledgable Fly Fishing Associate to join our Sporting Goods team. As part of our Sporting Goods team, you would be responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, generating sales, stocking and merchandising product, and safeguarding company assets. In order to thrive in this position, you should have a strong knowledge of fly fishing gear, as well as familiarity with our local waters. If you are an enthusiastic and outgoing outdoorsman/woman with a commitment to providing first class customer service, we want to talk to you!
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment, an excellent benefits package, a phenomenal employee discount, and competitive wages. Position is full-time; North 40 Outfitters is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Strong knowledge of local fishing areas
- Full understanding of fly tying and fly casting, etc. A working knowledge of gear fishing, and tackle is a plus
- Passionate about fishing and excited to share about methods, techniques and tips on everything related to fly fishing.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- High level of patience and approachability; ability to connect with everyone from expert to beginner fly fishers
- Physical ability to lift and carry 20-50 pounds on occasional to repetitive basis, bend, stoop and climb ladders
- Understanding of correct lifting and loading techniques
- Willingness to periodically contribute to North 40 Fly Shop Media, blogs, seminars, classes, instructions, videos, and E-Mag articles.
- Prior Retail experience is a plus; be comfortable working in a team atmosphere, and should be motivated by the teams success.
- Time Management Skills; Capable of working/planning in the present, but maintaining a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly system.
- Ability to meet shift availability requirements, including working on weekends and certain holidays, between the hours of 7am to 7pm Mon-Sat and 9am to 5pm on Sundays, with flexibility in scheduling based on business needs.
We get asked a lot, “What is North 40?” If you know who we are, that’s a difficult question to answer because we cover quite a few categories. Our message, “Make a difference in how people experience work and play” is truly our heartbeat here, and if something comes up that doesn’t live up to this, we don’t do it.