The Retail Sales Associate is a retail professional who embraces The Orvis Culture and provides a world-class shopping experience to all Orvis customers. This position will work primarily in the fly-fishing department. Fly-fishing experience is required.
About the Company
In 1856, Charles F. Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, offering superior fly-fishing equipment, and priding himself on customer satisfaction and service. Today, Orvis is the trusted source of discovery and adventure in the natural world. For more than a century and a half we have loved the wild, explored it, and protected it. At our core we are a fly-fishing and wingshooting brand, inspired by nature, driven by curiosity, and fulfilled by adventure. We are proud to own, use, and share our offerings in distinctive clothing for men and women, home furnishings, gifts, and dog products. Each product and the services we offer is rooted in our heritage, inspired by our love of the wild, and backed by superior customer service and a 100% guarantee of satisfaction.
Orvis is an equal-opportunity employer.
This position reports directly to the Store Manager and will interact daily with other store associates.
- Be an ambassador of the brand and instill the Orvis Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Culture in the entire team;
- Achieve defined sales goals;
- Assist customers by providing individualized attention;
- Acquire knowledge of Orvis products;
- Complete additional assignments from store management, including but not limited to:
Stocking and maintaining sales floor
Processing shipments into and out of store
Processing catalog orders filled through store
Maintaining visual presentation standards
- Outgoing, friendly & personable with a positive attitude;
- Team oriented with the ability to take direction and execute with exactness;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Flexibility with schedule – weekend and holiday availability;
- Physical strength to reach, move, and handle merchandise in high and low areas;
- Fly-fishing experience and an appreciation for the outdoors.
- Retail experience;
- Merchandising experience;
- Successful sales experience.