The Hideout Lodge & Guest Ranch is a popular riding, horsemanship, fly-fishing and working cattle destination and we are looking for an experienced fly-fishing and outdoor guide to join our 2020 team!
Do you have great fly-fishing and outdoor skills? Are you interested in horses, riding and horsemanship? Are you friendly and outgoing? Would you like to spend your days fishing and guiding outdoor activities at the foot of the Bighorn Mountains in some of the most spectacular scenery in the United States? If you said yes to these questions, The Hideout Lodge & Guest Ranch is the place for you.
The core of our culture is what we call The 3 C’s of Character, Conduct, and Competence. We can train for Competence, but the other two C’s (Character and Conduct) are inherent and tell a lot about a person based on how they behave and present themselves in all situations. Although we work hard, we have a lot of fun. Our goal is to be the best. To help us achieve that goal, we choose the best staff possible and take care of them to the best of our abilities. Being part of our team will enrich your life experiences and create memories for both you and the guests we serve.
The Hideout hires guides who have a solid fly-fishing background, experience with firearms and guiding outdoor activities, and experience with (or willingness to learn about) horses, riding and horsemanship.
Requirements for the Fly-Fishing/Outdoor Guide Position
We require that our fly-fishing guide have excellent fishing and outdoor skills along with proven guest service skills and the desire to work long days in a hands-on learning environment. At The Hideout, we embrace diversity, enthusiasm and an open-mind approach to life. We believe in a respectful, positive and disciplined work environment.
- Responsibility for the fly-fishing program for our guests
- Manage the fly-rods, flies, lines and other equipment and materials needed for fly-fishing
- Show guests of all abilities a good time as well as taking care of fish, the streams and general habitat
- Have experience with or be willing to learn about horses, riding and horsemanship
- Guide other activities such as trap shooting, black powder and target shooting, archery, hiking, mountain biking, 4×4 driving tours and other outdoor activities
- Be a team player who is willing to help in other areas of the ranch when not guiding guests
- Have a clean driving record and pass a driving background check
- Be 21 years old at the date of employment
- Stay through the entire season from mid to late March to the end of our season which can be October or early November.
What do we offer?
- A job and experience working for a professional and organized operation
- A work environment cares about staff, horses, guests and the environment
- A respectful, honest and safe working environment
- A rarely seen diversity and terrain to fish, guide and ride
- Work with and guide people from around the world
- Well maintained, clean and nice homes to live in (not bunkhouse living) that include a private bedroom with shared bath, full kitchen, and free long distance and Wi-Fi.
- Most evenings except Friday staff are free and not required to entertain guests
- A competitive salary package that is part performance related
Jobs may start as early as March 15, 2020 and will go through the late fall in October or November 2020.
Please email a cover letter, resume and fishing pictures or a video to Peter De Cabooter at firstname.lastname@example.org