Simms Fishing Products is a leader in the fishing industry – driven to create growth and vitality in the community. We build trustworthy and angler-driven products. Our employees communicate openly, keep their commitments and inspire trust. We build for the long haul with products that last and a brand that endures. Our employees are our most important catch.
To be a great fit at Simms, you must embrace the fishing culture and follow our practice to work like we fish – with purpose, passion & curiosity. Be prepared to share your latest fishing adventures.
E-commerce Technology Manager
Ecommerce Merchandising Specialist
The Simms organization is growing and we’re looking to fill the Ecommerce Merchandising Specialist position. This is a full-time, in-house position based in Bozeman, Montana.
The person in this role is tasked with ensuring the timely and accurate presentation of product information and imagery with the goal of presenting an outstanding online shopping experience while strengthening engagement and connection to our brand. This role contributes to the success of Simms Fishing by supporting the Ecommerce and Marketing teams with day-to-day workflow, site content processing, briefing, and editing.
The successful Ecommerce Merchandising Specialist will help analyze and optimize Simms Fishing’s online merchandising by having a detail-oriented approach and a genuine interest in understanding what drives customers within our distinct personas to buy. He/she will help make customer-facing decisions about how to merchandise products in the Simms Fishing portfolio and will work cross-functionally with the Product, and Marketing teams to collaboratively execute best in class product stories.
This role will support marketing initiatives by executing campaigns and promotions across the website. They will take on projects and initiatives to improve the customer experience and overall site performance, using insights and data analytics to report back on performance to key stakeholders.
Outcomes of this role include:
- Contribute to and execute seasonal merchandising plans to create a compelling consumer experience and to effectively present product stories in an integrated manner across all ecommerce touch points (website, email, social, etc.).
- Review seasonal content assets to ensure product copy, images, and pricing is complete and accurate. This is accomplished on in various size batches from large data imports to small one SKU uploads.
- Responsible for accurate product attribution to drive excellent user experience related to shopping, filtering, searching and product findability.
- Curate and sequence categories as needed.
- Proactively identify and correct issues that surface and build and maintain strong relationships with internal partners (e.g. product, content teams, planning, digital marketing, customer service); promptly respond to all emails and collaborate with key stake holders to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain online assortment integrity as product status and inventory positions change.
- Assist in the testing and post evaluation phases of site enhancements, redesigns, campaigns and the go-live of all new products and enhancements, ensuring that all details are accurate, complete and ensure a best-in-class experience across all devices.
- Partner with Digital Marketing team to support SEO initiatives.
- Acquire subject matter expertise of Magento merchandising capabilities and general functionality with hands-on use of the software.
- Analyze site metrics, monitoring website KPIs, product/category sales trend, customer feedback and other related data to identify opportunities to improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth across product categories.
- Maintain awareness of competitive landscape and identify trends in the marketplace to offer up recommendations on best in class merchandising practices.
Successful candidates should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in consumer goods with proven success
- Demonstrated ability to develop consumer product expertise
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or similar and ability to organize and process data
- Strong writing skills with understanding of grammar and punctuation
- Customer service mindset
- Ability to self-manage projects
- Strong time management skills
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.
For consideration, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org