Sportsmans Finest is not a job, its a place to build your career and to work alongside customers and teammates that you enjoy seeing day in and day out.
At Sportsman’s Finest we strive to build relationships that are life-long. We have forged an environment that is positive and fulfilling. There are a lot of shops out there, but there are few shops in the nation that achieve the tone, excellence, and fulfillment we have at Sportsmans Finest.
Sportsmans Finest hires people who believe in excellence, principles, and personal growth. We have a strong, healthy, and rapidly expanding business. Our ability to outperform the industry is creating exciting opportunities for our team and our growth allows us to continually invest in our future and yours.
5 Star Rating on Google
Fly Fishing Manager – Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a driven, curious, kind, team-focused, and hard-working individuals who want to grow and work within an elite team.
We are seeking a leader who can manage the expansive high-volume Fly-Fishing departments customer-facing front of the house while contributing to the leadership teams strategic planning. The top candidate will have experience driving and achieving sales objectives and creating the vision to achieve the full potential for the department. This individual will lead, hire, and develop the organization, plan, and execute events and other activities to drive demand and the Fly-Fishing culture to meet sales objectives.
If you are a strategic thinker, sales driver, and self-starter who has strong industry knowledge and desires to drive the business and the culture, you will be a good fit.
Be ready to receive and give:
- Constructive feedback
- Maintain high energy
- Initiate projects
- Innovate and create
- Have and maintain a strong desire to learn and teach
- Stay team focused.
- No ego and thick skin are important traits
You will create the key objectives for the department to assure that excellence is achieved and commitments are maintained. You will manage the sales team and work cross-functionally with operations, finance, marketing, merchandising. This role will report directly to the business owner.
What is Sportsman’s Finest?
The business has been under new ownership for almost 2 years now and during that time has seen unprecedented and record level growth. There is a clear vision for the future that includes e-commerce, experiences, and a scalable retail model. The 6000+ square feet Sportsman’s Finest Austin Texas location is a large log cabin and our property speaks to the ethos of the outdoors with an outdoor casting pond and archery range. For over 17 years it’s been Central Texas’ finest Hunting, Fly Fishing, Archery, and outdoor apparel store. We pride ourselves on better products, education, being kinder, and working harder for our customers and for our future.
- Drive your team and yourself to expand our core retail business while always managing the best customer experience.
- Oversee your departments culturewe are about integrity and developing longstanding customer relationships.
- Plan, determine, and delegate work within the organization to support your objectives.
- Evaluate employees efficiency and productivity. Help them grow.
- Perform opening and closing duties per company standards
- Team-based focus and build relationships with cross-functional teams
- Execute department on floor merchandising and high company standards.
- Always bring a suggestion to the table when you have a challenge to overcome
- Contribute to our weekly Pulse Meetings and management systems where you will review your strategy, tactics, help needed, and 13-week rolling forecast for the business, as well as discuss progress on key initiatives, events, and ideas for the quarter and beyond. Participate in annual planning. Must be able to plan and track to your own plan with tools provided.
- Ability to meet and exceed financial objectives.
- Maintain a connection to the community and to enjoy your passion and industry.
- Design solutions to manage workload and time management. Building a team and creating efficiencies to enable growth and even more time on the water.
- 3+ years of retail and/or management experience. Leadership and or related business experience is a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, and foundational financial skills are required.
- This person must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Department Managers should be extremely detailed oriented and have the ability to meet deadlines and work well in a team setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A great attitude and a desire to grow
We reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated. Were determined to surround ourselves with people who are passionate about the very hobbies that have us in business in the first place. Every employee at Sportsman’s Finest is critical to its success, we pay career salaries, with good benefits and bonus plans. We support our team’s product education and offer employee discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.