Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the SCHEELS team!
Fly Fishing Specialty Shop Manager – Full Time – Colorado Springs, CO
Have you ever dreamed about working in the Fly Fishing Industry? SCHEELS is seeking an individual motivated to join a team of associates that are passionate about Fly Fishing and the outdoors. As a fly shop manager, you will work with over 50 of the best brands in the industry including Simms, Sage Fly Rods, Fishpond USA, Umpqua and more. You are empowered to be the owner of your shop, from purchasing inventory to develop sales and margin, merchandising product, training and teaching associates, and working towards the goal to provide the best customer experience in retail! . Compensation for this position can range from $45,000 +/yr (includes commissions and incentives) depending on experience and skills.
Your career begins at SCHEELS! With over 115 years in business, SCHEELS is a leader in the sporting goods industry, driven to create the best experience in the USA for our customers. SCHEELS boasts the largest selection of sports brands in America—offering world-class brands, special attractions, and unmatched customer service.
SCHEELS Specialty Shop Managers enjoy going to work. You are an owner of your shop, empowered to be a buyer, merchandiser, and inventory manager, all while enjoying one of the best careers in retail. SCHEELS is an employee-owned, privately held business whose empowered associates and leaders drive the success of their store and the entire company.
SCHEELS empowers our associates to become experts in their shops to go above and beyond to meet the customer’s needs and expectations. SCHEELS associates talk-the-talk, and walk-the-walk, with the best product and expert training in the sporting goods industry. Mentorship and professional development training are a focus throughout your entire career.
We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantages of the health and wellness benefits we offer.
- Greet all customers when entering and exiting the store
- Promote the SCHEELS Visa Rewards card and be able to clearly explain all benefits
- Accurately balance cash drawer at the end of the day
- Maintain a clean working environment and personal work space
- Engage in conversation with the customer to add a personal touch to each and every transaction.
- End each transaction by saying “thank you” to every customer.
- Assist in all other duties as assigned
- Maintain a professional appearance on the sales floor
- Ability to perform basic math; compute rate, ratio and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memo
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers and other employees
- Ability to work assigned schedules which may include varied hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
What it takes to be a SCHEELS Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”Culture
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and SCHEELS
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward Teach-ability
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling Dress Code
- Meets SCHEELS dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners Efficiency
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
High School diploma, or General Education Degree (GED), one to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
SCHEELS cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 6 p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is 40 hours.
SCHEELS offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity
SCHEELS is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SCHEELS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals when appropriate .