As the Product Line Manager for FISH & EQUIPMENT, you will join our cross-functional team in the development of product, marketing, and assortment strategies for the FISH & EQUIPMENT category. With understanding of the Patagonia brand, the FISH & EQUIPMENT markets, and specific category knowledge, you will build product lines that deliver innovation while growing market share and category profitability, and consistently reducing environmental impacts. Additionally, you’ll help maintain necessary sales, competitor, marketing and business information in a manner that enables the total team to effectively manage a particular product segment of the company. You will also be responsible for maintaining all systems and marketing information. You will be the key interface for FISH & EQUIPMENT to our Development, Design, SER/Quality and Innovation teams. Ultimately, your contribution in the role is in direct support of our mission to save our home planet.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver a global line of best-in-class products that maintain/grow revenue and gross margin, decrease our planetary impacts and support our broader activism.
- Engage the interdepartmental product team to drive workflow, operational priorities and actions towards deadlines on the seasonal Go-To-Market Calendar
- Deliver briefs and other forms of product communication to Design, Development, Marketing and Materials Teams
- Oversee and manage relevant and current product, competitor, trend and market information for the FISH and EQUIPMENT categories
- Maintain the category line plan, retail pricing, color information and all relevant product information within the PLM system and necessary line planning, pre-lining and line review tools, for FISH and EQUIPMENT
- Think critically to evaluate situations, make responsible decisions and drive projects to completion
- Select and maintain category sales sample set and manage SMS process
- Work with design and development to ensure all products are fit correct, executed per the brief, and achieve costing and margin targets
- In partnership with product creation team, help develop products that stay true to the Patagonia’s design principles and initiatives
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues across teams and drive the product development process by enabling and empowering others
- Responsible for leading presentations and discussions with global sales channels, buyers and key dealers to gather insights that inform product and line development
- Responsible for creating content and leading presentations with global sales channels at Global Line Reviews and Sales Meetings
- Develop content for sales and marketing tools, merchandising strategies and other product planning needs essential for delivering seasonal product collections
- Manage allocated travel budget for tradeshows, dealer visits, market tours, and regional sales meetings
Who You Are
- Leader – act as a thought leader, build trusted relationships, influence decisions and drive urgency on critical priorities.
- Passionate – about fly fishing and saving the home planet.
- Inclusive – experienced in collaborating with others across difference.
- Influential – able to engage with others in complicated and emotional workplace issues to collaborate on solutions and action.
- Emotionally intelligent – high level of self-awareness, empathy, and interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic – we will be leading our community and categories through change
- Nimble – moving from strategic process to tactical execution and back, seamlessly
- Detail-Oriented – ability to consistently communicate and follow up between external and internal parties and meet deadlines
- Curious – obsessed with driving new product innovations and exploring the global marketplace
- Demonstrates Initiative – conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
- Strategic – able to think big picture and drive work accordingly.
Experience You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA preferred, but not required
- 8+ years sales, product or marketing experience in wholesale, retail or direct businesses.
- Hunt / Fish / Outdoor and Global / Multi-Channel experience preferred
- Passionate end user with a deep knowledge and understanding of Fly Fishing, sport, communities and industry
- Experience in the product development process, merchandising and assortment planning processes, strategic product creation processes
- Exceptional understanding of business and marketing objectives with a proven record of delivering against KPIs.
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Working knowledge of personal computers with experience in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Illustrator
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various transportation methods.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.