Job Location: Fish First ! Chico store
Job Qualifications: Previous fly fishing instructor and fly fishing guiding experience, including guiding out of a drift boat. FFF basic casting instructor certification. Current or previous California guide license. General knowledge of flyfishing in Northern California. Specific knowledge of flyfishing and guiding the Lower Sacramento River, Feather River, and Yuba River. Previous flyfishing retail experience. Computer literate. All Fish First ! employees are expected to instruct and guide with product available at Fish First ! stores.
Job Description: Full time position that will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
1. Manage current class/clinic, guide, and fishing travel program
- Instruct and guide introductory classes, on-stream clinics, guided trips, and hosted travel
- Book introductory classes, on-stream clinics, guided trips, and hosted travel
- Schedule instructors and guides
- Send booking confirmations and pre-trip information to clients
- Coordinate first Aid, CPR, FFF casting instructor certifications for instructors and guides
- Provide any needed training for current instructors and guides
- Provide input on class/clinic fees and instructor and guide fees
- Maintain OP equipment, drift boat, pontoon boats, trailer, etc
2. Expand current class/clinic, guide, and fishing travel program
- Create new instructional clinics and develop new guided trips with particular emphasis on fisheries
in Chico area
- Develop private water fee program
- Develop additional hosted travel trips
- Recruit qualified instructors and guides as needed
3. Promote and advertise class/clinic, guide, and fishing travel program
- Supervise and produce yearly brochure
- Supervise and produce print advertising for California Fly Fisher magazine and any other print advertising necessary
- Supervise the collection of photographs to be used in advertising
- Attend local fly fishing shows
- Write articles for fishing magazines with particular emphasis on Chico area fisheries
- Create and deliver presentation(s) on flyfishing Chico area and Northern California
4. Work retail in the Fish First ! Chico store as needed.
Work Schedule: Approximately 30 hours per week in the store, plus 104 field days per year. Field days will include, but not be limited to, the following: Introductory classes, on-stream clinics, guided trips, fishing shows, slide presentations, etc.
Pay: The position is a salaried with pay based on work history and experience. Introductory classes, on-stream clinics, and guided trips after the required 104 field days will be paid on a per job basis. Bonuses paid at the discretion of Fish First ! Travel and lodging expenses for fishing shows and slide presentations will be reimbursed.
Benefits: HMO medical plan. Paid vacation and holidays. Sick leave. Simple retirement account. 40% employee discount on retail items in store. Key employee/guide discounts on select gear. Opportunity to lead hosted fishing travel.
If you feel you are qualified for any of the following job positions please contact Leo Siren at Fish First! – 530.526.1937 or Leo@fishfirst.com.