Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Inc. (PWHFF) is dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and disabled veterans through fly fishing and associated activities including education and outings.
Authority and Responsibility
The Program Manager is a full-time position which oversees the administration of all aspects of the organization’s nationwide local programs.
The Program Manager performs a wide range of duties including the following:
- Ensure that all Volunteer Leadership receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and its policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient program delivery
- Develop new program initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of programs
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Develop program/region budgets during the annual budget process in coordination with Volunteer Leadership, Controller and Chief Program Officer
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of program data and records
- Engage volunteers and partners to support programs and volunteer leadership changes
- Act as a liaison for programs and staff to plan for program needs, changes, and challenges
- Identify and evaluate program risks and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Serve as a resource for the Grants Director and Media Director by providing program related content
- Represent PHWFF at local, regional, and national events when needed
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
1. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
2. Ability to work independently
3. Database management skills
4. Strong organizational skills and ability to work as part of a widely distributed team
5. Able to manage multiple projects
6. Ability to understand budgets
7. Nonprofit leadership experience preferred
8. Some travel
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with program administration experience to grow and further develop. The successful candidate will partner with the Chief Program Officer and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team. Specific requirements include:
1. Minimum Associates degree or 1+ year of relevant experience.
2. Excellent project management skills.
3. Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
4. Unwavering commitment to quality programs.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator.
6. Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to program management.
7. Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
1. The Program Manager is fully informed on organizational matters within their scope of responsibility and provides updates to the Chief Executive Officer as directed by the Chief Program Officer.
2. The Program Manager must be creative and diplomatic under pressure with exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
1. The Program Manager reports directly to the Chief Program Officer.
2. The Chief Program Officer prepares the Program Manager’s performance evaluation.
3. The Program Manager’s performance is evaluated annually based upon the performance of assigned requirements and duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume should include relevant experience, educational background, as well as two to three references.
Thank you for your interest in Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED