Production Specialist – Handwork
Mayfly Outdoors is looking for an exceptional individual to join our Ross and Abel Reels Manufacturing Team in our State of the Art facility located in Montrose, CO.
Ross: Our mission is to inspire adventure with expertly crafted fly fishing reels–proudly manufactured in Colorado for anglers everywhere.
Abel: Our mission is to elevate the fly fishing experience with cutting edge products, unmatched quality, and beautifully handcrafted finishes.
- Fish Together – Collaboration. Teamwork. Family.
- Presentation – Quality. Pride. Integrity.
- Hatch the Match – Innovate. Take Risks. Get It Done.
- Wade Upstream – Improvement. Growth. Development.
- Be the Guide – Customer Experience. Reputation. Expertise.
Mayfly Outdoors offers competitive compensation and benefits packages, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Matching 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
Summary of Duties:
Complete all post machining processes to prepare parts for plating or assembly by deburring, tumbling and various other mechanical or chemical processes as defined by Engineering.
Factory Wide Requirements:
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player comfortable working in a fast-paced, variable environment
- Computer literacy in common software suites such as Microsoft Office or G Suite Apps and ability to adequately learn additional softwares as necessary to individual responsibilities
- Strive to implement continuous improvements and company initiatives
- Desire to continually invest in self
- Conduct activities in a safe, cleanly and healthy manner to overtly comply with all applicable OSHA standards to ensure protection of employees, the public, and environment
Required Skills & Expectations:
- Dexterous with small components, hand tools and simple power tools
- Learn and replicate all necessary handwork processes for current models based on engineering
- Determine when, where and how to deburr a part most efficiently and effectively
- Basic mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Maintain a high attention to detail while completing repetitive tasks
- Work safely and efficiently in a group environment
- Perform basic quality insurance
- Communicate clearly and concisely with colleagues, management, engineers and others when necessary
- Lift and handle up to 35lbs infrequently
- Sit at a fixed position for considerable periods of time
- High school diploma or GED
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
If you would like to submit an application, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.