What’s awesome about this job?
The Fly Fishing Associate contributes to Backwoods success by creating and leading an excited team to achieve company sales goals. The Fly Fishing Associate is charismatic and enthusiastic about fly fishing and trains Backwoods co-workers and customers about the sport and products necessary to participate.
We are looking for an experienced fly fisher to be primarily responsible for helping out in the Fly Fishing Department, as well as the other departments in our Fort Worth store location. The successful candidate will be able to enhance customer service and satisfaction, meet sales goals, and be an effective teammate.
Our ideal candidate will have verifiable fly fishing experience, preferably with fly tying ability, and a retail back round. The candidate should also be skilled at organization and solving problems. Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are essential, since the position requires being genuinely interested in the customer and their activities.
Bring your excitement and expertise to Backwoods by:
- Assist the General Manager in developing community relations with customer interaction, events participation, clinic and seminar attendance, and other creative means.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Maintaining outstanding store conditions and visual merchandising standards
- Comply with sales standards and meet or exceed sales goals
- Propose innovative ideas to increase market share, reduce costs, and enhance the customer shopping experience
- Maintain inventory and display integrity by monitoring item quantities, accurately shipping and receiving freight, stocking items to fixtures, and managing back stock.
- Asset protection including complying with security measures and prioritizing shrink reduction
- Additional responsibilities as needed
First consideration will be given to those who also have demonstrable fly fishing experience and understand the gear associated with that activity. Even more consideration will be given to experienced fly fishing candidates who have demonstrable outdoor hiking, trekking, and camping experience and understand the gear associated with those activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and operational skills
- Schedule flexibility: Able to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays as well as days
- Additional requirements as needed
Here’s what’s great about working at Backwoods:
Our vision hasn’t changed since we opened our doors in 1973. Our mission is to Inspire, Teach and Equip people to LEAD active, adventurous lives. We value our customers and have always strived to provide the best customer service in the industry. We value innovation, technology and personal relationships. We believe in having fun, taking ownership of our well-being, customer expectations, putting social responsibility into action, and integrity. If you believe in these things, too, we welcome you to apply to our Team.