Take our guests out fishing, either angling or fly fishing. Use your skills to bring in trophy walleye, trout, small-mouth bass, and Northern pike–they’re all here in our lakes, streams, and rivers. If you have your own boat and gear–great. If not, we’ll provide them. Come spend the summer up North, get acquainted with our world-class waterways, then start introducing them to?our guests!
Many of these positions are available for year round employment unless specifically noted as summer only.
Please note – You may be hired for a specific position, but we all work together in a resort atmosphere to cover the responsibilities. At times you may be called upon to do a job other than those specifically outlined. We look for employees who have a wide variety of interests and experiences and are extremely versatile.
Walk to work! Minimal wear and tear on your vehicle. Varying free use of water equipment depending on guest needs. Canoe trips in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, area hiking trails and fishing.
- Use of canoes and kayaks on the waterfront
- Use of boat/motor at a reduced rate
- Use of camping equipment at a reduced rate (not food)
- 25% off either gift shop
- 25% off restaurant meals (not alcohol)
- Participation in our Nature Activity program is always free
- One free horseback ride and canopy tour, additional rides at reduced rate
- Staff lounge area with phone for use with calling cards
- TV/VCR/DVD for staff in staff lounge area
- Pool table
- Excellent opportunity to meet new friends from all over U.S. and other countries
- Excellent opportunity to explore the Boundary Waters Canoe Area of northern Minnesota
Your parents and siblings can stay in a cabin and receive 25% off rack rates.
Please fill out our Online Employment Application or print a copy (pdf)of our application, fill it out and mail or email to:
Gunflint Lodge and Outfitters- HRO
143 South Gunflint Lake
Grand Marais MN 55604