JOB DESCRIPTION: GOLDEN STONE INN HOTEL MANAGER
The Golden Stone Inn in West Yellowstone, Montana is a small, high end, boutique hotel comprised of 15 units with a focus on providing services to visiting flyfishing anglers as well as Yellowstone National Park tourists. The Inn serves as a fishing lodge for the customers of Big Sky Anglers, an outfitting company/fly shop with the same ownership, and is situated in the heart of some of the world’s highest concentration of world class angling opportunities.
The Hotel Manager will oversee and coordinate the operations of the hotel, providing high level customer service and accommodations to hotel guests.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new hotel staff in operations and customer service expectations.
• Manages and leads team to ensure staff is working together in a manner that ensures the success of the hotel.
• Oversees and is responsible for the daily operations and staffing of the hotel.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with hotel policy.
• Coordinates and oversees all hotel operations, ensuring quality service is provided within the established business plan and budget.
• Greets and welcomes guests.
• Works to resolve issues or problems that guests may experience.
• Handles special requests and accommodations.
• Inspects facilities to ensure compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
• Ensures maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Analyzes financial information; plans and facilitates purchases.
• Responsible for ensuring that Accounting is provided with what is required to produce timely monthly financials.
• Coordinates services with outside suppliers, vendors, travel agencies, and event planners.
• Works closely with Owners and Maintenance to develop annual capital expenditure plans.
• Monitors and maintains hotel financial performance within approved budgetary guidelines.
• Responsible for the profit performance of stated hotel departments.
• Responsible for overall hotel guest satisfaction, setting goals to achieve specific objectives.
• Responsible for management of and ordering from third-party vendors.
• Responsible for overall resolution of guest problems or complaints.
• Develops and maintains a marketing strategy to promote the hotel and services.
• Works alongside Big Sky Anglers to promote and prioritize Angling Packages, overseeing the billing and acceptance of payment.
• Assists with booking Angling Packages.
• Works with Big Sky Anglers to create and promote synergy between the two businesses.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Extensive knowledge of hotel and hospitality industry.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, Excel in particular.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in hotel management, business administration, or related field, required.
• Two or more years of experience in the hotel industry recommended; managerial experience preferred.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk while working on a computer and on your feet all day on others.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com