Executive Director of AFFTA – Full Time – Reports to the AFFTA Board of Directors
The American Fly Fishing Trade Association (AFFTA) is the sole trade organization for the fly-fishing industry. Our Mission is to guide the sustainable growth of the fly fishing industry through Trade Development and Stewardship. We accomplish this by advocating for the fly fishing industry and empowering our members to improve their businesses through collaboration, education and building community.
AFFTA is seeking an Executive Director (ED) who will provide the leadership and support to execute the mission of AFFTA by coordinating the organization to ensure its goals, objectives, and strategic initiatives are met. This person will steer the organizational structure, budgets, staff, and operations in collaboration with the AFFTA Board of Directors. The AFFTA ED position will lead fly fishing trade development initiatives by championing for the needs of membership, the fly fishing industry, and the sport. The Executive Director will provide vision and leadership towards the growth and long-term sustainability of AFFTA’s membership through implementation of the strategic plan, expansion of member benefits and creating a culture of inclusivity, representing the broad diversity of participants and businesses in the sport of fly fishing. They will have direct and regular correspondence with the AFFTA Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Fisheries Fund Executive Director.
The Executive Director must be a strong communicator and be a positive team player with excellent interpersonal skills. They must be able to interact professionally with a diverse set of businesses and individuals, including the membership, staff, contractors, state and federal officials and their staffs, and other strategic partners. As its chief representative, the Executive Director acts in a professional manner, demonstrating behavior becoming of the leader of the American Fly Fishing Trade Association, its members, and the fly fishing industry.
• 3 to 5 years of managerial experience preferred, ideally with a non-profit or a trade organization
• Strong marketing and communication skills
• Ability to work directly under a board of directors and the executive committee of that board
• Proven experience creating and managing a budget
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, virtual meeting tools, email and social media outlets
• Ability to run an organization’s day to day as well as the big picture vision
• Demonstrated time management and scheduling abilities with strong delegation skills
• Self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks and goals without daily oversight
• Must display attention to detail, sound judgment, and be ability to work under pressure.
• Flexible schedule that varies with the flow and demands of the organization, including some required weekend work and travel
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com